M-COR encapsulated O-rings consist of a seamless and uniform Teflon FEP / PFA encapsulation which completely encloses a core material of either
silicone or Viton elastomers. The combination of these components creates an O-ring that is virtually chemically inert and compression set resistant
for use in harsh sealing environments.
- Chemical attack and swelling are the primary causes of O-ring failure. M-COR encapsulated O-rings are virtually chemically inert.
- M-COR encapsulated O-rings match the chemical and temperature resistance of solid PTFE O-rings, M-COR encapsulated O-rings possess
properties of elasticity and recovery which are crucial in many sealing applications.
- M-COR encapsulated O-rings economically and effectively replace Kalrez and other exotic O-ring compounds. M-COR encapsulated O-rings will
decrease downtime and hence increase profitability wherever corrosive fluids and gases cause premature seal failure.
- M-COR encapsulated O-rings withstand breakdown caused by industrial solvents and corrosive materials at elevated temperatures from -60°
C / -75° F to +205° C / 400° F.
- M-COR's encapsulated O-rings have a non Stick surface, allowing for easy cleanup of viscous materials.
- Low coefficient of friction (.2 on metal).
- Eliminates contamination of fluids by elastomers. Sterilizable and autoclavable. FDA compliant, USP Class VI compliant, NSF compliance available
for specific applications.
- Available in standard and metric sizes from .059" cross section x ½" I.D. to virtually unlimited larger sizes.