EA Series Seals For Chemical, Plastic, Food, And Pharmaceutical Applications - EAU unsplit and EAS split externally adjustable
seals offer complete containment of dry powders, pastes, slurries, fluids, vapors, and gases on a wide variety of rotating
equipment, where traditional packings fail to seal.
- EAS seals are manufactured fully-split, permitting installation and
rebuilding without bearing or drive removal.
- The seal face pressures are fully-adjustable; there are no internal springs to loosen due to seal face wear, or to
corrode in hostile chemical environments.
- All adjustment hardware is located outside the sealís purge cavity, so the seal can be adjusted with no disassembly, often
while the equipment continues to operate.
- The EAS seal will accommodate significant radial and angular shaft misalignment, as well as thermal growth in high-temperature
- The EASís simple design allows easy disassembly and lends itself particularly well to food and pharmaceutical applications
where the seal must be frequently sanitized.
- Use of various materials permits the EAS to be built to withstand a wide range of physical and chemical environments. The
stator housings are built from one of a variety of metals, depending upon the application.
- EAS seals contain a broad array of products and materials, from dry powders of all types, to cheese and liquid chocolate,
ibuprofen, tomatoes, dry milk products, hot cooking oil, human blood plasma, fruit juices, hydrocarbon gases, and solvent vapors.
EA Series Seals For Pulp And Paper Applications - MECOís patented EAS seal is available for a variety of applications in pulp
and paper mills, particularly pulpers, stock chest agitators, repulpers, and chip screws.
- The EAS accommodates severe shaft runout and lends itself well to applications where mechanical packings and traditional
mechanical seals fail to function.
- The EAS is an unbalanced, double mechanical seal. The patented design places two rotating seal faces against a central
- The EAS is an outstanding seal for pulpers, providing the runout tolerance necessary to resist tub deflection from heavy
bales and slabs.
- EAS seals are effective on horizontal stock chest agitators, cantilevered shafts, older through shafts, and
midfeather agitator designs.
- Other benefits of EAS seals include: tolerance to shaft runout and shock loads, keeping fiber in your process machinery
and out of your fiber recovery system, they wonít dilute stock or coatings, use of less flush water than packed glands,
reduced friction can reduce agitator drive current drain, its fully-split design speeds installation and rebuild,
and custom tailoring eliminates equipment modifications.