EX-Pac Series Seals - EX-Pac seals are often used on conveyors and agitator shafts in reactors, dryers, extruder-compounders,
and other equipment where aggressive solvents and other chemicals are present.
- MECO EX-Pac seals combine the best features of MECO’s patented EAS and MECO-Pac seals into a
superior product, which excels in some of the least hospitable process environments.
- They can be used in applications where there is extensive thermal growth of the shaft, or where axial shaft movements are
occasionally necessary for adjusting machine clearances.
- Ex-Pac seals can be equipped with traditional manual adjustment, or they can be loaded with external springs to compensate
for normal wear of the sacrificial seal surfaces.
- The purge chamber between the two rotating faces is maintained by a tight-fitting O-ring around the nose of a gland
follower, which in turn compresses the double seal faces.
- Ex-Pac seals can be configured with a variety of purge or flush arrangements, depending on process requirements.